The following is a list of overused trollpasta clichés. It's important to note that just because they've been used so many times, that doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. Should you choose to violate these clichés, there's a small chance that you will be immediatley taken to a psychic ward, where you will be given a lethal injection upon arrival.
If used correctly however, almost all of the clichés listed on this page can be funny.
- Famous creepypasta parodies, such as Jeff the Killer, Sonic.exe, and Squidward's Suicide. We have hundreds of these already.
- Shrek Is Love ripoffs. This isn't 2013.
- Making loads of crappy MS Paint drawings and claiming they are screenshots from a video game or a lost episode.
- MLG humor. Things like xXx_W4ckY_MLG_n4m3s_xXx, Mountain Dew, Doritos, 420 BLAZE IT, creating MLG versions of existing stories, etc. The whole MLG thing got old a while ago anyway.
- 666. 'nuff said.
- Overuse of sex jokes and potty humor. What are you, 12?
- Random humor.
- Making a character whose name ends with "XXX".
- Putting "YOU'RE NEXT", "DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU", or "AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT" at the end of your story.
- X the Killer OCs.
- Excessive swearing.
- Killing yourself or dying at the end of the story.
- Putting a serious story through Gizoogle or Bad Translator.
- Expand Dong and BonziBuddy. Even Joel from Vinesauce wanted these jokes to die out after seeing how much people spammed them.
- Ending your story with "You shouldn't have done that...", or any other famous creepypasta quote.
- Using "le", "teh", "hte", "de" or "da".
- Using the same joke over and over again. If it wasn't funny the first time, it surely will be the 20th!
- Making your story ALL CAPS.
- Making your story a big wall of text with no line breaks whatsoever.
- Giving your story an overly long title.
- Extremely poor grammar and spelling.
- No punctuation and capitalization at all.
- Excessive use of exclamation marks.
- Using 1337 text.
- Constantly whining about how terrible the story you're satirizing is, that's not satire.
- Overreacting to stuff that happens in the story you're satirizing. This can be funny if done correctly.
- Making the 'satire' one sentence long. À la Sanic.exe.exe.